Thursday, July 29, 2010

I Stand Amazed

This week I have been reminded once again of what all Jesus has done for me. When I really stop and think of the pain and suffering he went through, being rejected, beaten beyond recognition, it breaks my heart! To think that he carried every sin imaginable to the cross. That in it's self, must have almost killed him!!

But oh how thankful I am that he did die for my sins! I pray that I will never get calloused to what he has done for me. To always be amazed at the love he has for me... a sinner, saved by his grace!

As a parent, I cannot begin to imagine the pain God must have felt, knowing that his son was going to have to take on the sins of the world. Or how he felt when he was in the garden of Gethsemane, praying...

Mark 14:36 "Abba, Father", he said, "everything is possible for you. Take this cup from me. Yet not my will, but what you will."

Abba...
means your a daddy, my daddy. Abba is a term of extreme endearment expressed by a young child to his beloved father, his hero, the one who kisses his scraped knee and dries his tears. Abba would be the word used only for a parent who was familiar, available, trustworthy, and comforting. (Abba is Aramaic, which is what the Jews spoke.)

I am probably one of the few who hasn't watched the "Passion of the Christ" I would love to see it soon and just take in a visual of what Jesus really did for me. I have been listening to this song by Chris Tomlin all week called, " I Stand Amazed." It has really made me stop and re-think his death, and to be AMAZED again how wonderful, and amazing our God is!

Hopefully this will bless someone as much as it has me. Enjoy!

Until next time,
Starla


No comments: